Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Frustrated and Stuck!!!

So I am really frustrated at my job right now. First of all, we have a lot of patients and we are short staffed (because it is summer and people are taking vacation)...which happens occasionally and I can deal with, but it is really frustrating when a few people are not being a team player but are rather playing for the opposing team and are passive aggressive about many things. Passive aggressiveness is one of my least favorite qualities. This makes my job more difficult and more stressful. It is a good thing that I like what I do and that work with me.

On another note...I am frustrated because I submitted for CEU reimbursement money for the course I am taking at TWU this summer (It will count as nearly all of my continuing education) but there is a glitch with the budget and there is no money for outside seminars. Well, I submitted in March and found out the problem at the end of May. Money was due June 1, so I paid the nearly 1,000 out of my pocket. I have still not heard anything about the glitch and resolution to the problem. A coworker was approved for 2 courses after I submitted as an oversight before the budget was found to be at 0.00. There is money in our on-site budget, but I do not need any of that since my requirements will be completed with my DPT classes. I (and other staff) was promised what I believe to be $1200 ever CEU period which this time is Jan 2010 - Dec 2012. This waiting period is so frustrating. I am stuck. I need some answers soon.

Obviously this has not been a good week at work. I am hoping that things begin to look up, but I doubt it since I am working this saturday in order to get a free PDO to use when Ellarie is here. I just want one day where things will work a little better.

To add to the stress...with all of the Thunderstorm that we had yesterday, Jonathan and I were not able to run - which believe it or not usually relaxes me. I am hoping he will feel up to running when he gets home from his bike ride with his buddy. He is considering doing a half ironman in September...I hope he decides soon.

Hoping that tomorrow is better than today.

1 comment:

  1. Boo! I'm sorry you're having such a bad week, I hope things start to look up soon!

    ReplyDelete